Tuesday, December 24, 2019

12/24/19 Tuesday December 24, 2019 (BB Bench, OHP in Kauai))

Training from Kauai, HI for vacation

12:30pm - belly breathing, Primal Move practice, Original Strength resets  - 15 minutes

12:45pm - warm up

Some overhead holds with light KBs, some KB presses, squats, swings, just different things to get the body warmed up

1:00pm- Training session -  BB Bench, OHP

BB Bench:

warm up
45 bar x 5
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5 (easy)
205 x 3 (left elbow didn't like it)

work sets
185 x 5 x 3 sets

BB OHP:

warm up
45 bar x 5
95 x 5

top work sets
135 x 3 x 3 sets

rolling
hanging from the bar

Bear crawls 2 minutes

1:30pm - Complete

Notes - Well, this was a fun experiment.  I haven't bench pressed in something like 6, 7 years.  It's been a hell of a long time.  So it was odd to do that.  I will have to study the Blue Book quite a bit, I have little idea if I was in the most advantageous positions but was trying to fire the lats, push into the ground with the feet, look at the ceiling not the bar, etc. Everything was pretty good except my left elbow got irritated at 205 lbs, so I dropped back and just did 3 work sets at 185.  The reps were super easy.  Way back in the day I had worked up to a 235 bench, at 190 lbs bodyweight, so now at 220 lbs bodyweight if I developed great technique and worked at it, I think I could get to a 300 bench.  I really don't give a shit.  Something about that lift jacked me up before and I am not particularly interested in going down that road again.  Now on the other hand overhead pressing with the bar was amazing today and felt awesome once I had a plate on each side.  With all of the KB work I have done over the years, this is a stronger position for me, and I enjoy getting that bar overhead.  Working towards a bodyweight press is a great goal and it's time for me to work it into the NLP.   I will OHP one more time this week, but not bench.  Just not that excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment