Tuesday, December 24, 2019

12/16/19 Monday December 16, 2019 through Sunday December 22, 2019

Quick log for this week working through the injury.  Walked the dog every morning for an hour.  Felt great for my back and legs.  Practiced squatting, pull-ups, and push-ups 3 days last week (M/W/F).  Did 6 sets, 8 sets, then 10 sets on the 3 days of each exercise, sets of 5 for squats, pull-ups were in a 2/3 rep format alternating each set, and push-ups were sets of 10.  Didn't touch a weight other than warmed up deadlifting the 48kg each day.  Also got to my bodyworker / acupuncturist several times, which was a huge help, really turned a corner.  His thought was that I had sprained a ligament near the or the SI joint, and had taken a lot of load on the right side, which was locked up, though left side was painful, as I think it was pulled during the bad squat attempt. It's been a real learning experience.  I am a bit scared now to go back to heavy squatting, but I need to get over it.  I know the number of things I didn't do right and can do better.  I'll be dropping way back and restarting my NLP under Starting Strength, and re-building up.  My belt arrived from Dominion Strength just in time for our trip to Kauai, so I will get a chance to practice.  I am pretty sure I will feel a lot more confident and safer with the belt on at heavier weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment