Sunday, February 11, 2018

2/9/18 Friday February 9, 2018 (training with Kevin)

6:15am - Training with Kevin

Did some mobility work to start.  Kevin and I talked a lot about what has been going on with my training and some of the challenges I have been facing.  The reality is I have a lot of stuff going on with the change in job back in October, etc.  January was really busy with our year-end at Amazon.  I just need to focus on recovery tactics, and doing things in training that feel good and can still help me move forward with the goal to move well, and stay strong.  We did various body weight stuff, some bird dogs, scales, cross crawls laying on the back, other things that will help with cross-body connectivity.  Crossing the midline seems to be a very important thing (cross crawls etc. from Original Strength).  We practiced some swings, goblets, got back into light 1H swings (20kg and 24kg) which we are going to bring back into training.  Focus will be on packing that shoulder, engaging the lat, and making sure each rep is powerful.  Power will be the name of the game this cycle.  Mixing things up and going a different direction for now seems like the right thing to do.  My body has been telling me something is up and I need to listen to it.

7:30am - Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment