Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7/11/15 Saturday July 11, 2015 (pull-ups, push-ups, DB 24kg carries and other)

Writing this late Wed night the 15th.  Got behind on logging training, but I have been training.

Got down to Greenlake in the late afternoon.  Brought my double 24kg bells with me, which ended up maybe being a bad idea.  Had just gotten home late the night before from a week in New Jersey which was very stressful (work project).

Hanging from rings

7 pull-ups (rings)
5 push-ups

7 pull-ups
5 push-ups

6 pull-ups
5 push-ups

5 pull-ups
5 push-ups

4 pull-ups
5 push-ups

Total pull-ups - 29.  Down 1 from last week.  These were very strong particularly considering that I had trained pull-ups a few times during the week in New Jersey.  This movement is very strong for me right now.  One thing I really see is significantly improved grip strength and it is translating into the pull-up which is pretty cool.  I have not quite figured out the grip improvement as I don't feel my training has been all that productive for months as I work through these mobility and injury issues, but I have done some things to help the grip (loaded carries regularly, consistent 2H SW I think has been good for it).  I definitely appreciate the improvement.  I feel like I could crush someone when I shake people's hand....

Now this is where things got a bit dumb possibly.  I was feeling pretty damn good and had brought my 24kg bells to do loaded carries.  I was feeling it so I cleaned the bells a few times, did a few squats with them, did a few single bell clean and presses, walked with them in the rack, then finished with double carry work.  All in all, maybe 15-20 minutes of work.  I tightened up like a motherfucker later that evening and felt like shit on Sunday.  I could not figure out if this was the bell work, or the after effects of flying back from the east coast, the entire week, stress, etc.  In hindsight I do not think it was the bell work as I didn't do anything all that crazy but it was NOT the right time to do that work.  Not after coming back from traveling etc.  That was dumbass stuff and I paid for the indiscretion for a couple of days.  Tight in the shoulders, L in particular, ROM not good, R side neck tight, low back stuff definitely cropping up.  Just all over the place really.

No comments:

Post a Comment