Monday, February 10, 2014

2/10/14 Monday February 10, 2014 (PR 32 kg / RR 24 kg, 2H SW 48kg)

8:45am - Original Strength and Primal Move - 60 minutes (extra time with the foam roller, lacrosse ball on the triceps, forearms, lats, glutes, quads, IT)

9:45am - Kettlebell warm up

1/2K halos - 8kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
16kg Roll to press (TGU start) - shoulder cam shafts, each arm
Arm bar 12 kg, 1+1
SL DL 16kg, 3/3

10:00am - Training session - Focus on superset PR 32kg / RR 24kg, 2H SW 48kg

TGU 24kg, 2+2

PR 24kg, 2/2
PR 28kg, 1/1, 2x

5X of the following superset:
PR 32kg, 1/1 (last week 28kg 3/3) (attempted on first set to get a 2nd press on both arms, didn't get it, decided then to stay with singles)
RR 24kg, 5/5

2H SW 48 kg, 10 minutes, 10 on the minute (100 reps)

10:40am - Complete

Notes -  Good training session though clearly recovery from yesterday's training at the lake with running/pull-ups/push-ups, followed then by painting a room in my house for 8 hours, was pretty severely compromised.  This was not going to be the day to get up multiple MPs with the 32kg unfortunately.  So I stuck with singles which were very strong, good reps.  Kind of odd to me that I cannot get up another rep yet with the 32kg, and something to discuss with Kevin.  With that said, lockout felt great on these singles, the best I can remember.  The rows were good and then followed by very strong beast swings with the 48kg to finish.  I did have the blister on my L hand pinkie finger under my callous start to come off a bit, which I expected, but it seems pretty clear this won't be a training issue and I will get it cleaned up.  Worked on my hands quite a bit over the weekend with the pumice stone and feel they are in ok shape.  I want to watch it for snatching on Friday but as long as I work on them this week, should be ok.  Need to get a ton of rest here and am going in for some body work tomorrow afternoon.  Triceps and forearms, esp. R, are pretty fried and need attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment