Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11/13 Wednesday September 11, 2013 (DB 20 kgs complex)

6:30am - Original Strength, Primal Move drills - 40 minutes (some extra work here due to my R psoas being very tight, and both hips/glutes - from SL DLs the previous day)

7:10am - Kettlebell warm up ("Standard")

1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 12 kg, 5X each leg

1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 16 kg, 5X each leg
Roll to press (TGU start) - shoulder cam shafts, each arm 16 kg
12kg armbars - 1 L, 1 R

7:25am - Training session -DB Sq 20 kgs complex

Warm up -
TGU 20kg, 2X 1+1
GSq 20 kg, 5
DB DL 32 kgs, 5, 5 alt L, R

DB 20 kgs Complex - 20 minutes timed

Got 10X of the following:
DB CL, 3
DB PR, 3
DB Sq, 3

I was very consistent with my pace - 1 minute of work, 1 minute of rest, all the way to the last set where I took an extra 15-20 seconds of rest.

7:55am - Complete

Notes -  This was hard but not too hard as evidenced by my consistency with the work/rest ratio throughout the entire 20 minute timed set.  Good solid technique, though I was trying to really find that press from the lats and didn't really seem to have that dialed in as well as I would have liked.  Still, overall, lots of progress made from last week's training accident. This is very encouraging.  I went back and read my notes on this workout the last couple of times I have done it (with 24 kgs) and it has kicked my ass every time.  This was about right.  I did notice a lot of tightness in my R psoas nearly the entire training session, completely I believe relating to the SL DLs I did the day before.  That is not actually a bad thing, as I can tell that those muscles got worked by the SL DL in a unique way.  I do not think it is a technique flaw but rather just highlighting an imbalance and I actually really need to keep focused on the SL DLs because they may help get that asymmetry out of my R side.

No comments:

Post a Comment