Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6/20/13 Thursday June 20, 2013 (SL DLs, farmer carries)

6:00am - Original Strength and Primal Move - 45 minutes (a little extra - tight from driving the car very long hours over and back to the Tri Cities over the weekend)

6:45am - Kettlebell warm up ("Standard")

1/2K halos - 8kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 12 kg, 5X each leg

1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 16 kg, 5X each leg
Roll to press (TGU start) - shoulder cam shafts, each arm

7:00pm - Training session - Focus on SL DLs with the 16s and some farmer walks with the 32s

Warm up -
Tall kneeling 1H press with 16 kg, 5 L/R

I supersetted some DB SL DLs with the 16s, 3 reps each leg, with some farmer walks around the backyard with the 32s.  I did about 3 sets of each exercise supersetted back to back.  After the SL DLs I threw in a few rows as well.

7:30am - Complete

Notes - Was trying to think of doing some exercises that I had not focused on in some time and the SL DL came to mind.  I thought this was a good use for a variety day and I will probably try to get both of these exercises into the routine on a regular basis.  I think using 12s for the SL DLs probably would have improved the technique and I will do that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment