Monday, November 24, 2014

11/22/14 Saturday November 22, 2014 (walking, pull-ups, push-ups)

Got back down to the lake for some body weight work, started around 4pm before it got dark, finishing walking in the dark.  Cool air, felt just awesome, I was walking very briskly.

Wanted to keep the reps low, did 15 pull-ups and 15 push-ups.  First set of 5 on the pull-ups was definitely not easy.  I am still recovering from the SFG weekend clearly.

Walking
5 pull-ups
3 push-ups

Walking
4 pull-ups
3 push-ups

Walking
3 pull-ups
3 push-ups

Walking
3 pull-ups
3 push-ups

Longer walk to finish (45 minutes)

Did a ton of hanging from the rings as well, really trying to stretch the R bicep, below, lat - it's tight and all connected.  Elbow is a bit irritated again.  Mobility work tonight and more lacrosse ball trigger point work to try and work on this.  As I write this late Sunday night, body feels great except the elbow.  Walking is really, really good, it ties everything together with my gait, both sides of the body, etc.  I have definitely noticed that when I can get in some good walks, things just seem to improve.  I think in Original Strength they say that walking is the most basic "reset" for the body.  It really does seem to be that way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment