Friday, April 5, 2013

4/4/2013 Thursday April 4, 2013 (TGUs)


Different training day - at Cannon Beach, OR with my kids and brought some bells with me (12 kg, 16 kg, 20 kg, 24 kg)

8:00am - Joint mobility drills - 30 minutes

8:30 - Kettlebell warm up (modified "Standard")
1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 12 kg, 5X each leg

1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 16 kg, 5X each leg
Roll to press (TGU start) - shoulder cam shafts, each arm

8:45am - Training session - TGUs


TGUs (all done with each arm back to back with no rest between arms):

12 kg, 2 L/R
16 kg, 2 L/R
20 kg, 1 L/R


9:00am - Complete

Notes - Body definitely did not feel good but was not worse in the morning that it had been Wed, and in some ways a bit better because I did about 60 minutes of lacrosse ball work after my kids went to bed Wed night.  This work did not cause anything to get worse.  TGUs done carefully and not heavy (focus on the movement only for now, light KBs) are fine and in fact I think a very good idea to improve shoulder mobility.  Laying some foundation for heavier TGUs in the future and bringing this movement back into a core focus in my programming, eventually to help with heavy pressing once I get things sorted and back on track to start back on the strength track.

No comments:

Post a Comment