Friday, April 5, 2013

4/3/2013 Wednesday April 3, 2013 (2H SW, SN)


Different training day - at Cannon Beach, OR with my kids and brought some bells with me (12 kg, 16 kg, 20 kg, 24 kg)

8:00am - Joint mobility drills - 30 minutes

8:30 - Kettlebell warm up (modified "Standard")
1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 12 kg, 5X each leg

1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 16 kg, 5X each leg
Roll to press (TGU start) - shoulder cam shafts, each arm

8:45am - Training session - 2H SW, SN

2H SW, 20 kg, 2X (10)
2H SW, 24 kg, 4X (10)
SN 12 kg, 2X 5 L/R

9:00am - Complete

Notes - Got excited with how good the SWs felt and thought why not try some light snatches, I am feeling good.... Bad idea.  After finishing I started really noting the left elbow, shoulder, forearm acting up.  This really taught me something as using an extremely light weight for me still kicked up issues. There is something with that movement that is really hitting some trigger points I think from old injuries sustained to my left shoulder from falling on stairs several years ago.  The last couple of bad reps I got on my DB SS PR workout from last Friday are telling me that I really did a number to my traps/other muscles as the body really "freaked out" and is in a state of stress still - I have not worked out these trigger point issues.  I am going to watch this closely, back off and only do TGUs tomorrow and Friday morning, and then go into my massage therapy session with some ideas about what is going on to try and get to the bottom of this.  Also going to do some internet research tonight on some of what I am experiencing.

Update:  did some internet research.  Confirmed that the Snatches with the external rotation of the wrist/elbow are NOT a good exercise for me right now given what I am dealing with - very bad programming choice, even at the light weight.  Though I obviously did not hurt myself, the trigger points are in alarm mode and sending signals that the body is not functioning as one unit.

I do think the 2H SW are a good choice given that both sides of my body are in unison and the movement focuses on the hip hinge.  Single bell exercises right now (except TGUs) are actually probably a poor choice - CL, PR, SN.  SQ may be ok but I think I will just do very light doubles if I do any SQ.  Need to balance out the load symmetrically until I can work out the asym problems I am having with my left side.   As long as I don't over grip the bell, I should be fine and just need to focus on releasing these trigger points over the next week, and not doing any stupid programming that will cause setbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment