Saturday, May 9, 2015

5/9/15 Saturday May 9, 2015 (pull-ups, push-ups)

Writing this on Saturday evening.

My daughter had Girl Scouts all day and so this was a day just with my son, which is highly unuusal and I enjoyed it a lot.  Went to Greenlake with him in the early morning, and we played soccer in the son for awhile and then and banged out pull-ups and push-ups.

Hanging from bar

8 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

7 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

6 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

5 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

4 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

Total pull-ups - 30,  was able to bump up by 1 rep and start out 8/7 this week on the first two sets, 25 push-ups, same as last week, I did them all regular (no Lizard style) to limit stress on the R elbow. I have been doing this for weeks even though the elbow has been feeling really good for several weeks now, after finally getting some things sorted out through some chiro adjustments etc. that really had benefited my R shoulder a lot, and taken stress off the elbow.  This is the first time with a top set of 8 and first time with 30 reps, which was cool.

With that said sometime after this I started really tightening up on the L oblique area, which has been an issue the last week or so.  There has been a couple of days where it really bothered me and this was definitely one of them.  I think kicking the soccer ball around which we did for quite some time was actually not great at all for this oblique thing, and the more I thought about it, possibly the obliques were pretty involved in the pull-ups and push-ups given that I am doing pull-ups hollow style, and keeping my feet straight (which uses the obliques to do so), and on push-ups, tensing up the glutes and other muscles including obliques.  It's been difficult to pinpoint exactly where the issue is but after some stretching and mobilizing this evening, I believe it starts on the front and wraps around to the back.  Issue may be deep in the oblique on the front side.  I have a deep tissue massage tomorrow and will have my guy take a look and work these areas.  It's probably going to hurt like a bitch but hopefully it can help to loosen things up and calm the area down a bit, and relieve some trigger points.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment