Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11/6/13 Wednesday November 6, 2013 (DB FSQ 24kg, 1H SW 32kg, SN 24 kg ladder)

Flew back from Spokane - unusual training time in the afternoon

3:45pm - Original Strength and Primal Move - 30 minutes

4:15pm - Kettlebell warm up ("Standard")

1/2K halos - 8kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 12 kg, 5X each leg

1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K pullover - 16 kg, 5X each leg
Roll to press (TGU start) - shoulder cam shafts, each arm

Arm bar 12 kg, 1+1

4:30pm - Training session - Focus on DB FSQ 24 kgs, superset 1H SW 32 kg, finish with 24 kg SN ladder

TGU 20kg, 3/3

GSq 24kg, 10

DB DL 32 kgs, 5, 5/5 1H alt

4X superset:

DB FSQ 24 kgs, 5
1H SW 32 kgs, 10/10

Took about 12 minutes.

24 kg SN ladder, 3/3, 6/6, 9/9, 12/12 - 60 total reps.  Took 6 minutes.

5:05pm - Complete

Notes - Certainly an interesting session.  This was really to me a pretty HEAVY day when you have DB FSQ, heavy 1H SW, and then snatching with a test-sized bell.  I loved it but it is hard to measure in some ways as I trained at a very unusual time for me, late in the afternoon, because I flew over to Spokane yesterday morning and then back today in the early afternoon, for work.  It was a very busy morning with 6 meetings before 12:30pm, starting at 7:30am, and I did not sleep particularly well.  Throw in what flying does to your body and frankly I felt pretty tied and not particularly energized when warming up for this, but I wanted to get the training in today, rest tomorrow, and then snatch for time on Friday.  I will say I felt really good about the DB FSQ and the 1H SW.  Actually ended up being very strong.  I took some breaths between and shook out the tension, and did notice I was breathing pretty heavy. I had settled on 4 sets and that felt right so I left it there and had some reps in the tank.  I knew snatching was probably going to be pretty difficult.  I had gone in thinking 2 sets but after finishing the first one, and struggling with the last couple of reps on the ladder of 12, I parked the bells.  Live for another training day rather than do something stupid.  Actually the ladders of 3 and 6 felt awesome.  9 and 12 - not so much.  Just didn't have a whole lot in the tank.  It will be good to do this a week from now and work into a second set and see how that feels.  One thing I did notice afterwards is that my forearms really felt worked.  Not hurting, not even tight really, just a lot of work.  I thought about the three movements today and realized what an incredible amount of grip work it is to FSQ, 1H SW, and then snatch when you are using pretty heavy bells.  A rest day tomorrow filled with nothing more than joint mobility stuff sounds about right to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment