Monday, November 4, 2013

11/2/13 Saturday November 2, 2013 (10 miles running around the lake)

More 1/2 marathon training - ran for 1 hr, 40 minutes from about 3:40 to 5:20 or so.  Felt strong, better than last week in Vancouver BC though my left arch was acting up starting around 30 minutes.  Last week in BC it was the right arch.  Both are getting used to long distances in the Vivos I think a bit and just not used to this much running.  I am going to work them much harder with the lacrosse ball throughout the week to give them some massage and release tightness.  This is going to be particularly important for the couple of days before each long run on the weekends.  Overall though, feeling fine with how things are progressing.  Honestly this is going better than I anticipated it would. I owe it to kettlebell training particularly all of the movements that have strengthened my glutes and quads, which is making my running stride more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment