Thursday, January 3, 2013

RKC Exercise Notations (courtesy of Ross Meyer, RKC)

I asked my good friend and mentor, Ross Meyer RKC, to provide me feedback on this blog as well as advising me on "proper" nomenclature for kettlebell exercises.  I have copied the information he provided on exercise notations (abbreviated shorthand) here.  I am using these abbreviations in my training logs.


Here are the short hand notations for our exercises so far:

1H - one hand
SL - single leg
DB - double bell
2H - two hand (usually two hands on one bell, e.g. 2H SW)
BU - bottoms-up
ALT - alternating (e.g ALT 1H DL)
OH - overhead

TK - tall kneeling
1/2K - half kneeling
1/2K-op - half kneeling open (flexed hip adducted to 90 degrees)

DL - deadlift
suit.DL - suitcase DL
SW - swing
DARC- alternating 1H swing with a release and catch at the transition
HP - high pull
LP - low pull
SQ - squat
GSq - goblet squat
FS - front squat
CL - clean
PR - press, aka overhead or military press
C&P - clean & press
C&J - clean & jerk
PPR - push press
SN - snatch
TGU - Turkish getup
LGU - little getup (TGU to elbow or hand)
P-U - pushup (hyphen is horizontal, like body position in pushup)
P/U - pullup (slash is vertical, like body position in pullup)
P-C - pull - catch
P-C-P - pull - catch - press
P-C-Sq - pull - catch - squat
i.club - indian club

No comments:

Post a Comment