Sunday, April 30, 2017

4/28/17 Friday April 28, 2017 (training with Kevin )

6:15am - Training with Kevin

Good training session.  We worked on some breathing practice, which will be good for me.  Some belly breathing, but also an exercise where you lay on your side and focus on opening up the thoracic area.  We also did some push-up plank work, which will be useful in firing up muscles that are used in pressing (high tension exercise).  A nice complement to pressing. Did some TGUs, some swings, pressed the 32kg and identified an issue with my R side clean, which I was kind of aware of, where I was getting a little twist into the clean and "muscling" it on the R side, rather than getting into my glutes and having a nice even hinge, using the hips to guide up the bell.  Some of this is a result I think that my R hip flexor is often "off" with the R pec muscle too "on" so some of the warm-up breathing and focused work on the R hip flexor (and L pec) will be good to get things firing correctly.  We fixed that clean issue and it was good to identify that.  We also did a "breathing snatch ladder" which was 2/2 4/4 6/6 8/8 10/10 reps with the same number of belly breaths between each set.

For training going forward we are going to work some military pressing with the 28/32 and clean and press with the 32/36, and move off of singles with the 40 for now.  Build up volume, bigger base, fix some tension holes with some of the supplementary body work training, and fill in a bit with some more conditioning too, like the double bell complexes that we introduced this week.  I think all of this plans makes a lot of sense for many reasons.  I think I can through a few cycles of this and come back in a better spot to really try and own the 40kg, which I did not accomplish yet though was making some progress.  My body also feels a lot better this week, so the backoff week came right when needed as it usually does.

7:30am - Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment