Monday, May 25, 2015

5/23/15 Saturday May 23, 2015 (pull-ups, push-up holds, lots of walking and mobility)

Writing this on Monday evening the 25th, Memorial Day, got behind in logging for a few days.

Morning - several sets of Indian Clubs Movement #1 and a few other basic stretching moves, for about 10 minutes or so.

Went to Greenlake by myself in the mid afternoon, a rarity, as I decided to do other things with the kids all morning and early afternoon.  Back was feeling not all that great.  Did a lot of thinking about this, trying to figure out what the hell is going on with me.  It's like 1 step forward, 2 back these days. In any event, I did an absolute ton of brisk walking, probably all told something like 75 minutes.  Working in quite a bit of mobility, body weight squats, lots of stretching the lats, shoulders.

Hanging from rings

6 pull-ups (rings)
Push-up hold (1 - 1 1/2 minutes)

5 pull-ups
Push-up hold (1 - 1 1/2 minutes)

4 pull-ups
Push-up hold (1 - 1 1/2 minutes)

3 pull-ups
Push-up hold (1 - 1 1/2 minutes)

2 pull-ups
Push-up hold (1 - 1 1/2 minutes)

Total pull-ups - 20,  same as last week.

Hanging from rings

Honestly, and this is important in hindsight now as I write this Monday evening, I felt great after all of this.  Felt good all evening, and basically all day Sunday.  On Sunday, I again went for probably 90 minutes of walking, did some Indian Club work, and hung from the rings Sunday was the best I have felt in quite some time.  As my next log on Monday will show, I fucked all of that up again in a sense but I think finally have recognized the pattern and am crying uncle now finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment