Monday, May 30, 2016

5/30/16 Monday May 30, 2016 (32kg CL&PR ladder - PR, 44kg 2H SW)

Back from a trip to Port Townsend

5:00pm - belly breathing, lacrosse ball, Primal Move practice - 25 minutes

5:25pm - Kettlebell warm up

1/2K halos - 8kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
1/2K halos - 12kg, 4X each side / each leg (total 16X)
Arm bar 16kg, 1+1, x 2
Crooked Arm bar 16kg with 3 presses and rotations, 1/1

5:40pm- Training session - 32kg CL&PR ladder, 44kg 2H SW

2x:
20kg TGU with bridge, 1/1
48kg DL, 5

5x (up from 4x last week):
32kg CL&PR, 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4

50 total CL&PR each arm

5x:
44kg 2H SW, 10

50 total reps

6:40pm - Complete

Notes - Took some time away this weekend in Port Townsend with my girlfriend and her dog.  Had a great time, very relaxing, just what I needed.  Nice Memorial Day.  Got back in the late afternoon and got my training time in.  This was NO JOKE.  Holy shit.  Might have been one of the hardest training sessions I have ever experienced.  I really focused on great form on every rep, really using my glutes and pressing off of the lats.  My pressing groove has greatly improved.  If you asked me a year ago do you think I would be at this point in pressing I would say probably no way in hell.  Cleaning and pressing the 32kg 100 times in 45 minutes is no freaking joke, but that is what I accomplished today.  I am really proud of this accomplishment, it was done in a very safe and controlled manner.  Definitely really had to focus on taking rest times, which I rarely do for KB training sessions, but it was necessary to take some walks, shake things out, particularly before each ladder of 4.  In any event, really cool to accomplish this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment