Sunday, May 3, 2015

5/2/15 Saturday May 2, 2015 (pull-ups, push-ups, KB aerobics)

Writing this on Sunday.

Busy and very good day. Went to Greenlake with the kids and in the early afternoon and banged out pull-ups and push-ups.

Hanging from bar

7 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

7 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

6 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

5 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

4 pull-ups
5 push-ups (5 regular)

Total pull-ups - 29,  was able to bump up by 1 rep and start out 7/7 this week on the first two sets, 25 push-ups, same as last week, I did them all regular (no Lizard style) to limit stress on the R elbow. I thought I would be ready for the increase by a rep and I was, which was very good I thought.  First time to 29 pull-ups in this set/rep range and felt strong.  Will look to add one to next week and see how that feels.

Did 20 minutes of my KB aerobic work with a single 24kg bell.

Warm up
GSq, 5
2H SW, 10
H2H SW, 10
CL, 3/3
BU CL, 1/1, x 2
SN, 1/1

KB aerobics - 14 minutes, my hands were sweaty, and the snatches in particular didn't feel that great (partially due to not having good grip on the bell, but also due to snatching yesterday I think)

sets of

CL, PR, SQ, SN, shake out, switch hands

did 8 or so sets

Ended with 6 minutes of Jerks, and decided to go ladder style with higher reps just for a bit of conditioning work

10/10, 8/8, 6/6, 4/4

Total of 28 reps per side, 56 reps total

The Jerks felt great. I like this movement a lot, I like practicing it, and I think doing it with a lighter single bell like this, but with some higher reps, can be a very good conditioning tool.  I liked it and also felt like I was able to groove the movement better, especially the connection of the arm to the body, keeping the bell going up with a little push off the chest, tight to the body, and coming down in a straight line as well, no elbow flare or wasted movement.  This was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment