Sunday, October 19, 2014

10/18/14 Saturday October 18, 2014 (walk, pistols, pull-ups, push-ups)

Good day, got going around 2pm.  Did the following

Some warm up with skipping, very light jogs, walking cross crawls (elbow to opposite knee alternating while walking)

walking
pistol, 1/1, x 2 (I was surprised by how good the first set of pistols felt, decided to try 2 sets of 1/1 for each round)
5 pull-ups
5 push-ups, 3 crocodile push-ups

walking
pistol, 2/2
4 pull-ups
5 push-ups, 3 crocodile push-ups

walking
pistol, 2/2
3 pull-ups
5 push-ups, 3 crocodile push-ups

walking
pistol, 2/2
2 pull-ups
5 push-ups, 3 crocodile push-ups

walking

Felt great today, that was very nice as I have really been experiencing some tightness in my R hip and oblique lately that has been a little frustrating, but I have working on it and things seem to be dissipating.  I was pretty shocked actually how good these pistols felt today.  I didn't want to push it too much but I really enjoy being able to do these movements and I want to keep greasing the groove and working on the technique.  I think it is good to have body weight movements in my arsenal for situations in the future where I may not have access to KBs, and just to simply balance out the KB work.  After doing the SFG1 in Vancouver in November, one of the things I want to work on with Kevin is getting a OAPU.    Anyway, nice day today and this was very enjoyable, and easy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment