Sunday, September 21, 2014

9/20/14 Saturday September 20, 2014 (walk, pull-ups, pistols)

Good day, got going around 5pm.  Absolutely beautiful weather.  On Kevin's advice, after upping the volume quite a bit in training last week to start really drilling into SFG 1 prep for mid November, I dropped the volume a lot for the weekend.  I end up walking about an hour around the lake, broken up by a few sets of pull-ups (2, 3, 5 - 10 total) and pistols (3 sets of singles on each leg).  I also did quite a bit of hanging from the pull up rings to stretch my lats which felt great.  I had to laugh on the first set of 2 pull ups - could totally feel the accumulation of the training week.  Forearms, traps, lats.  Made total sense to drop the volume, and that's good.  I can sort-of grease the groove by doing some pull-ups on the weekend, drop the sprinting to allow my left ankle to completely get better (it's fine but I can tell still tender at times, resting from sprinting will be good).  I want to GTG just a little bit with pistols but will keep the volume extremely low.  I like doing these and just want a base line of practice to keep grooving the movement.  Walking was very good.  I have not gotten that in as much the last month or so, and it will be good to get back to having some more brisk walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment