Sunday, August 31, 2014

8/31/14 Sunday August 31, 2014 (sprints, pistols, pullups and pushups)

Got down to the lake late pm. about 7:45pm, and banged out a very quick but effective training session.   Sprints, pistols, pullups, pushups. I decided to drop back the reps on the pullups this week because I snatched very hard on Friday, 15 minutes, and had a couple of dodgy reps on the L which pulled on my forearm and elbow a bit.  Have been focused on recovery this weekend, doing some extra lacrosse ball work to release tension, some extra ice and heat as well.  Body is responding very well and there is no reason to really push anything today.  The snatch work was good for me, every once in awhile the body needs to be challenged and it is just a process of getting stronger.

I hit a pistol on each leg for 5 rounds, after each sprint.  For the last 3 rounds, I did doubles, up from 2 rounds last week. Honestly I wasn't real happy with the pistols this week, they didn't feel all that strong.  I am going back to singles, and I am going to stretch out my hips before hand instead of starting somewhat cold.  I also need to figure out a decent drill to mobilize my ankles before getting started as well.

5 rounds of pull-ups and push-ups after rounds of sprint/pistols.  Pull ups were 5,4,3,3,2 - Fighter pull up style.  Using rings.  Total of 17, down from 24 pull ups last week.  These were extremely easy, every single set.  Frankly that is exactly what I was going for, I wanted these to feel easy.  I will bump back up to 24 next week assuming everything feels alright.

Push-ups were 2,3,3,4,5 - opposite rep scheme of the pull-ups.  I added 2-3 Lizard Push-ups at the end of each regular push-up set.  Like that move for sure.

All in all good day.  Decent night's sleep and then its double 24kg press day tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment