Sunday, July 27, 2014

7/26/14 Saturday July 26, 2014 (interval running / pullups and pushups)

Got going Saturday afternoon, headed to the turf soccer field at Greenlake again for sprinting.  Body felt pretty darn good.

This is how it went down. Sprint,  pistols, SL DLs, walk to pull-up bar, pull-ups, push-ups, walk back to sprint again.  5 rounds.  Reduced the sprints down to 5 from 10 last week on Kevin's advice.

Pull ups were 6,5,4,3,2 - Fighter pull up style.  Using rings.  A total of 20 pull ups, up one from last week as planned.

Push-ups were 2,3,4,5,6 - opposite rep scheme of the pull-ups.  Up one rep from last week as planned.

Sprinting felt good, powerful, about 18-19 second sprints.  Focused on trying to get my knees up and long strides.

Pistols - got 1/1 each round, pretty solid, improving from last week.  L leg is harder than the R leg, harder to get down all the way into the hole on the L, back also wants to round forward, I am trying to pull damn hard with the my lats and lock the glutes.  I will keep at it, singles are absolutely fine right now, I am going to re-read the Naked Warrior for some tips.

Pull-ups were excellent, first time going up to a first set of 6, that was tougher but felt good.  Interesting as the last round with the 2 I saw a think branch on a tree and decided to try some overhand grip pullups on that branch.  At the very top of the pull my L shoulder did not like it.  Could be a combination of the branch being thick, and also I have been doing pull-ups on rings, essentially neutral grip.  I really, really like the neutral grip and I think my body does as well.  The overhand grip and even chins, kind of wonder how I would react to those after this little experience.  It would be good to mix it up but really at this time I only have access to those rings.  Like I said though, I think my body responds better to a ring or neutral grip anyway.  Push-ups are strong.  I am going to look to try and start some regressions to build towards a 1 arm, 1 leg push up from Naked Warrior.  I can see that in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment